Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My daily Life Experience

 The greatest decision of our life I guess is choosing a perfect career because it leads you to the extreme satisfaction or else an ill decision leads you to the greatest misery. A perfect career is that in which you have the greatest interest and you are born to do. It is the one which makes you feel that you can give your fullest of life. I have seen that most of our family take great ambitions in their lives to see their children as a doctor, engineer, pilot which they think are the greatest career but they forget to match the ability of their children with their field of interest and that might lead to great sadness and depression to parents .What we must know is that not everyone of us are born for doctors, engineers, pilots ; there are other ways out. In today’s quantitive world where everything is valued by price and economy. It is so hard that people are becoming money minded. Everything here has become cost effective .


    I myself have been doing my bachelor’s degree in a renowned Government College of my country where about 16000 student study. Few days earlier, I happened to meet one of my school friend who is now a British Army and is now at home town for his holidays. After we both recognized  each other, he asked me what have i been doing here, and I told him that I  study in PN Campus , bachelor’s degree 2nd yrs in pure science ,Physics with Chemistry . He with a great exclamation “Oh! Such a talented student (I was good at school) like you are just roaming around PNC”. I felt a short of extreme angriness and  just gave him an incredible smile, all I could do at the moment. After our coffee guff I asked him his email address. Some year later, when I will be completing my degree, I will be sending him all my photograph of convocation program. At that moment of thinking I got the quantum of solace because I bet he won’t be getting any degrees in his life time that I am going to achieve after few years though he earn 1 lakh rupee a month.

    Few months earlier, I was having conversation with my maternal uncle, a high school mathematics teacher in a government school. He described his government job as a buffalo .A buffalo which eat and drinks a lot and gives 1 or 1.5 liters of milk, and private job as a cow as she is worshipped daily. His logic provoked why our  parents think that low paid government job is far better than private job as it gives pension after retirement, like buffalo after it stop giving milk you  sell it to butcher which comes as variety of dishesm, don’t think anything wrong about our national animal “Goddess COW”. He has been teaching there for 10 years. Why doesn’t he leave that if he is not satisfied what he is doing ? In my days to come I don’t know whether I will be doing any government job or not but one thing is clear that I will not be doing any profession which doesn’t give me extreme satisfaction.

Today’s world’s centre of attraction has been The Money. It has become such a vital factor that without any doubt, basic needs doesn’t fulfill at all to each of us. Like, one of my brother, few days earlier when we were together one night he told me “I would not  have a good-night- sleep if I don’t have 4-5 thousands in my pocket.

I had struggling thoughts and was trying to gather reality around when I met my Aunt. She has remained  unpredictable to me, in fact I never understood her, in other way  I was not interested in it .While we were having tea, she told me “It’s all easy son, pass BSc in just 1st division and score a good mark in MSC.”After that it’s all easy. Teach in some Higher secondary’s, take tuition and coaching, earn a good sum of money. Why is it necessary to go USA, UK, Canada or anywhere else to just become an assistant of a Professor or to work as a storekeeper in a departmental shop .I don’t know whether she was commentating  or criticizing me of studying non technical subject, that point always strikes me. However money is not the only thing I am looking around.

My uncle often used to ask me if I have fill up the DV lottery. Before that, one day my brother told me how his GP (general paper, “A” level English paper) teacher defined DV; “DV is nothing but a refined slavery”. After that whenever my uncle asked me if I have filled up, I talk to myself “One in hand is better than two in bushes” Either I should go for my degree or leave it for DV.

A few days earlier I was just counting my years to clear my Master degree when I asked my dad who is an Asst. Professor and had been teaching for about 20 years. “Dad how long does it take the shortest time for me to be a Professor in Physics?” He  said, it depends  all on your talent and your PHD .Most probably might take 12 to 13 years if you teach continuously and get promoted.” Oh God! Did I take a difficult path or my thinking is making it difficult.

Neither I want to demoralize nor there is an easy way out. But what I feel is that it's our life and our way of thinking, our interest, freedom and decision that count the most .It’s all about us who have to develop attitude, respect individual dignity, serve others, particularly the poor, seek  truth, encouraging spiritual advancement.

Like it is said, its 99% perspirations and 1% inspiration. It's  we who have to mould ourselves our personality, strength, character, chisel our mind and sharpen our intellect so that when we step into the next phase of  our educational life and then to our career we will be  able to adequate fathom amid, probe the intellect  and feel the soul.

 It should be kept in mind that life is not only about solving a mathematical equation or scientific inventions, experiment, theories or principles, but  our values, conviction, happiness and our perfection of mind and body. The time is sure to  come when we must be intellectually competent, relentlessly seeking excellence, socially committed, loving and caring, with a vision that goes far beyond ones caste, creed and nationality. Let’s look ahead a challenging future where we all with courage and determination can translate our dreams into reality.

No comments:

 
Search Engine Submission service