Sunday, November 27, 2011

Declining craze towards B.Sc

Education and knowledge is the third eye of people, today these are just become the path to earn money for them. A child studying in one or two grade answers question of his/her teacher that s/he wants to be a doctor in future. It’s so surprising to all of us that the child answered it without knowing any clues about being a doctor. It's just an example but nowadays the trend is that people neglect what sort of job one has done. They superficially judge the quality of people who dress up well and ride expensive car. Moreover children nowadays become like TV or machines that run upon the remote control of their parent's wish. Parents ignore what their children want instead they themselves choose their favorite faculty & their children are compelled to study. There is a proverb that if there is a son he should be engineer and if there is a daughter she should be doctor. This also proves that Nepalese children are still not able to recognize their inner soul and have been moving in the path of their parents.
People don't understand why many of today’s science students have got failure in their life and wandering here and there for job to receive only frustration.  One of the main reason behind this is people have wrong concept towards selection upon faculties such as B.Sc, B.Ed, B.Com, & so on and students lack proper guidance to choose the field what they want to be in future. If a child wants to be a footballer, then his parents should stop him telling that football does not give him his day-to-day earning as they must understand “where there is a wish, there is a will”. People can do better if his is heartily into it.

We can have many examples of great people in the world who have selected their own favorite subject & done best for welfare of people. The world today is full of competition every where. People should compete even with themselves to survive in this materialistic world. So, s/he should carefully choose own field not by the pressure of his/her family because there are almost no people who have got succeeded in their life by choosing the field as guided by their parents. Only for making this task easy, the government of Nepal should implement solutions of those problems in laws & curriculum. Each and every faculty should be given equal priority by government so that every Nepalese wouldn’t get behind due to lack of experience or knowledge.
Renuka Baral 
B.Sc 1st Year
Biology

2 comments:

Nature and culture of Nepal said...

My feelings :-

We all know B. sc is the one of the best and difficult subject in present many people define this subject as a hard and powerful subject in our society. I know that there are many fields when we passed B.sc , but in around Nepal there is only one option for it i.e. teacher , I don’t care you will accept it or not but it is truth , according to me I am not interesting in teaching but I studying B.sc , and I am secure that there is no life for me in my future in Nepal , I want to be a IT manager , my aim is that but my parents forced me for the B.sc specially my father , I don’t know why but he is also educated he teaches in primary school and passed degree but my father did not support me , now I am reading in B.Sc 1st year in PNC, but I always think about my aim and I dream that but I am such a fool , why this happened with me I don’t know I can’t go opposite with my family I need their help for my bright future , there are many students like me I am just sharing my feeling in this blog , totally I don’t want read B.sc. I know B.Sc is the best subject ,but my interest is in IT and I want some thing big in this filed , I always try for my golden aim I never give up , I am just sharing here my feeling , please don’t think any more , thank you.
PRADIP LAMSAL
B.Sc.1st year
2068

Creative said...

First of all I am very glad that you have aim related to S &T and I support your feeling. It is bitter true that many of us have our own drem for life but we can not try for it due to the lower socioeconomic status of our family which is the main sponsor of our higher education. And I know that many student join B.Sc because either they fail to join MBBS, Engineering or their family cant afford for their field of interest.
In your case there is still chance to get your aim. Personally I suggest you to talk with your father once again. The main thing is you should convince your father that you will support your family economically after they invest for your field of interest. Second thing I want to say you that if you complete your bachelor in physics that will help you to advance in IT field too. Am sure that If you study science and joint IT field, you will have knowledge of theoretical aspect which will help you for new innovation in IT. In doing so you will do what your father want and you can follow your dream. Don't forget that completing B.Sc opens the chance to collect money for your IT education & teaching can be a good bridge to achieve your dream. Our best wishes is always with you.

 
Search Engine Submission service